The content and information provided within this site is for informational and educational purposes only. Consult a doctor before pursuing any form of therapy, including Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. The Information provided within this site is not to be considered Medical Advice. In Full Support of the F.D.A., Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is considered Investigational, Experimental, or Off Label.
Please consult with your Treating Medical Physician
Client’s Preparing to
Take Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Please Read Carefully
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is a method of safety delivering high doses of oxygen to the body. It is done by breathing 100% Oxygen through a special Mask or Oxygen Treatment Hood.
Methods of equalizing pressure in your ear:
This will be addressed in detail during your personalized orientation session, and informational package.
The pressure is much like the feeling of fullness you experience while flying. Our staff has well over 10,000 hours of chamber operation and is well versed in equalizing techniques.
|Recent Research Article
[Peripheral facial palsy secondary to middle-ear overpressure.]
[Article in French]
d'Andréa C, Méliet JL, Staikowski F.
Service des urgences, Smur, Hyperbarie, Groupe hospitalier Sud Réunion, Terre Sainte, F-97410 Saint-Pierre, Île de la Réunion, France.
Facial baroparesis is an ischemic neurapraxia of the facial nerve. It occurs after airplane trips or prolonged diving. This paralysis is due to the tympanic promontory. Several promoting factors have been identified, including tubal dysfunction, hypotension, and neurotropic virus. Simple maneuvers can make it disappear : yawning, swallowing, or a Toynbee maneuver. Treatment is based on normobaric or even hyperbaric oxygen therapy. During airplane flights, the paralysis often disappears at landing.
PMID: 17997272 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
Printed with Permission
Private sessions, detailed orientation, and slow compression and decompression are the key to our success.
We will encourage you to practice equalizing your ears by Yawning, Swallowing water using a sports bottle, Prior to starting your sessions We frequently treat children who have head trauma, near drown, or have trachea tubes as well as twins and triples with out any problem.
There are certain requirements to prepare for entering the Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) chamber. If you have any questions concerning these guidelines, please ask the chamber operator. The following rules apply to all caretakers and clients.
We need to know if you develop any of the following:
- Develop a cold, the flu, nasal or chest congestion
- If there is any possibility, you may be pregnant.
- Develop diarrhea
- Develop nausea or vomiting.
- Develop an ear or sinus infection.
- Change medications
- Have not eaten breakfast.
- Are diabetic and did not take your insulin.
- These above stated needs will be addressed medically.
HBOT Safety Requirements
(These must be strictly enforced)
We hold a 100% Safety Record since 1993
- We will provide you daily with fresh 100% cotton scrubs.
- No street clothes or shoes will be allowed in the chamber.
- Small children will have 100% cotton Pajama’s.
- Infants will need to be dressed in 100% cotton infant clothes.
- You will need to arrive 15 minutes early before each treatment in order to change into the fire safe 100% cotton scrubs
- No Grease or oils, such as body lotions, lipstick or hair oils, Nail polish, Hair spray, Perfumes, Makeup or hair preparations are allowed in the chamber.
- DO NOT use any petroleum base products such as Vaseline etc. prior to therapy session.
- DO NOT use alcohol for skin care.
- Deodorant with out alcohol can be found at leading Health food stores.
- Please remove: Watches, wigs, and jewelry, prostheses, such as hearing aids.
- No carbonated drinks for at least four hours prior to HBOT.
- You must eat breakfast lunch and dinner, High Protein snacks if needed.
- You must check with the chamber operator before bringing anything into the chamber
- No Tape players, video games, or radios will be allowed inside the chamber.
- To maintain privacy and safety no visiting in the chamber room, all family members, and visitors must remain outside the treatment area.
- It is imperative to keep your appointments and receive your sessions as prescribed. This will ensure you the optimum level of results for HBOT therapy. If for any reason you cannot keep your appointment, please notify us 24 hours in advance.
- Smoking constricts your blood vessels. For maximum benefit, stop smoking during your HBOT series. If unable to quit, refrain from smoking for 2 hours or more before and after each therapy session.
- Basic Therapy Instructions; Shower, Shampoo, Dry off, eat a meal, brush your teeth, put on your scrubs, and come for treatment.
- Please provide us with all of your phone numbers, cell phones, and beepers
- All Dental work must be completed before starting HBOT, if needed we will be happy to speak with your Dentist.
- No unfinished root canals or temporary fillings or crowns, or caps.
- Please keep a diary of daily treatments, a diary will be provided.
- You will be asked to consent for photos and video’s
Legal Consent for Treatment:
We cannot legally treat you with out your full informed consent. You will be asked to sign a form consenting for therapy prior to commencing the therapy.
We request that you arrive for your appointments on time. However, actual HBOT sessions can only be timed approximately due to the nature of the treatment. We take great care to make each client’s session comfortable and to meet each client’s individual needs. This occasionally makes a session take longer than was scheduled. We request your patience if this occurs, and assure you that we will be equally cautious with your session. If you are unable to attend for any reason, Please ensure that you will give at least 24 hours notice, otherwise a booking fee applies.
We want your HBOT therapy sessions to be as comfortable as possible for you and your family. While in the chamber, you may watch movies, read, listen to music, or sleep. We trust your experience with HBOT will not only be rewarding but pleasant. We provide Safe, Productive, Gentle, Private, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy.
For your peace of mind, we do not treat considered contagious disorders.
909-889-7626 or firstname.lastname@example.org